kde-runtime

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 19:35:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 09:28 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

> ping, I'm interested in helping work on this, but need help/feedback.

Hi Rex, sorry for not getting back to this sooner. Its on my list for
this week to look in more detail at the pros (or cons ?) of including
kde-libs - I hope to get to it after Wednesday.

Size is one of the concerns that I've heard, but also a question whether
we would end up with 'two of everything' - 2 multimedia apis (gstreamer
vs phonon), 2 display configuration apis, etc. Sadly, I don't have very
deep knowledge about the qt side of the world, so you could probably
help me out there. How do things work nowadays:
- Is qt5 more or less a complete platform ?
- Are kdelibs mainly used by core kde apps, while 3rd party qt apps
generally just use qt ?

Matthias