qt runtime support

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Mar 12 14:31:52 UTC 2014

Matthew Garrett wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 09:01:52AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>
>> > This discussion is
>> > largely around figuring out what we need to include beyond that to make
>> > most qt apps work.
>>
>> OK, baby steps for qt apps, additional items to consider...
>> media support (highly recommended):
>> +phonon
>> +phonon-qt5
>
> I'm assuming phonon-backend-gstreamer by default?

Yes, so I guess we should explicitly include that too:
+phonon-backend-gstreamer
+phonon-qt5-backend-gstreamer

note this is still currently based on gstreamer-0.10. There is development
underway to support gstreamer-1.x, and I'd say there's a good chance for
that to land in time to be testable for f21.

-- Rex