Fonts in Fedora Workstation

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 16:11:17 UTC 2014

> Elad Alfassa (elad at fedoraproject.org) said:
> > On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> >

> > > A later refinement would be to actually define the list of supported
> > > languages, based on some criteria (e.g. >= 80% translated). When we have
> > > that, we can include only fonts and input methods for supported
> > > languages.
> >
> > That doesn't really work. People whose language doesn't have an active
> > translation team would still want to email their friends in their native
> > language, or browse websites written in that language.
>
> I can see why we wouldn't necessarily want to remove support for a language
> with sparse translations (assuming it *works*), I think it's still a
> worthwhile effort to track the translation and input status for languages so
> we can properly inform users what languages do have first-class support.

Transifex already does this:

https://fedora.transifex.com/

the front page has translation completion percentage for all modules
combined. Front pages for each individual module give percentages for
that module. Of course, this is for Fedora modules - things like
anaconda, the release notes, etc - but that's all we can realistically
track anyway.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey