kde-runtime

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Mar 28 09:09:37 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> Kalev Lember wrote:
>
> > I am not sure the same makes sense for kdelibs4/kdelibs5. If I
> > understand the situation right, the former is likely to pretty much
> > disappear, or at least fall into disuse when KDE gets ported to kdelibs5.
>
> kdelibs4 will likely be around (and supported) at least until late 2015
> (based on the claims that kde-workspace-4.11.x LTS being supported for 2
> years, whose initial release was Aug 2013).

I talked with Rex yesterday and his point is correct - at least for now,
we should go with 4 too. But for limited time - I don't think it makes
sense to stay in platform forever. It will also allow a better integration
of KDE applications into Workstation Product to fulfil the idea of
technology specific product but offer best applications from not only
both G/K worlds - even the most will come from this world.

Jaroslav