gedit-code-assistance by default in Workstation

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 7 21:32:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:47 PM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com> wrote:

> Should we add those to comps, or to the workstation kickstart?
>
> Probably kickstart...
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/spin-kickstarts.git/tree/fedora-workstation-packages.ks

Seems that it pulls the gnome-desktop group.
You probably don't want gedit-code-assistance as part of the gnome-desktop
group because it pulls few things most desktop users won't need.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik the current status of things is that if
you add it to gnome-desktop, people will get the package in updates, and I
don't think it's optimal for this case.

Also, regarding dependencies of gnome-code-assistance (the backend of the
gedit plugin), if anyone doesn't like ruby being pulled in, I could split
the various language backends to subpackages,
but I really rather not do it because the way gnome-code-assistance is
built means removing ruby will always remove CSS support, and CSS is very
useful for many people.
--
-Elad Alfassa.