gedit-code-assistance by default in Workstation

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 8 12:31:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 08:28:28AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> When we've worked on changes in the past, the goal has always been to
> minimize the manual 'kickstart hackery', and get things fixed up in
> comps. Sticking with comps has the advantage that all the tools that
> know how to deal with comps groups (eg yum/dnf) will be available.

As a sysadmin, I really, really appreciated this approach. As much as
possible, the hackery should be reserved for the local (sometimes horrible)
things that need to be done for each installation's kickstarts. If a
"normal" config is defined by obvious broad strokes like comps groups, the
exceptions are easier to manage.

> If adding gedit-code-assistance and its dependencies to the
> 'gnome-desktop' group is inappropriate, we could simply add a new comps
> group and call it, say, 'workstation'.

We should probably do something like this for each of the products, really.

                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"