SELinux in Fedora Workstation

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 8 21:22:43 UTC 2014

Non of the reasons you specified are good reasons to disable SELinux.
Critical bugs can happen in any software, if you fear them you should
probably remove all software and go back to pen and paper...
Although pens can leak and make the page you was writing unreadable, so you
should probably stop using pens too!

Do you see where I'm going with that?

Anyway, I think that even some of the people (I assume most of them don't)
who work on the workstation want to disable SELinux,
I don't think the Base WG or FESCO would be happy with that. At all.

The SELinux UX can be improved, but it's not a reason to remove it
completely.

--
-Elad Alfassa.