SELinux in Fedora Workstation

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 8 22:17:30 UTC 2014

On Thu 08 May 2014 03:05:52 PM PDT, alex diavatis wrote:

> I never said to remove it, you can add it optionally on Anaconda. Disk
> encryption is probably more important than SELinux,
> but it is still an option.

SELinux is very important because it prevents bad codes doing nasty
exploitations. The recent case of Portal 2 on Fedora [1]
only reinforces the use of SELinux as standard in order to discourage
bad practices from third party developers especially
those from gaming industries and to adhere to security policies.

In addition, making it options mean removing one of biggest core
features of Fedora as hardened system.

Ref:
----
[1] https://github.com/ValveSoftware/portal2/issues/50