Make Yumex Default Package Manager

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 14:53:40 UTC 2014

On 11/07/2014 09:39 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 7 November 2014 13:33, Nikos Roussos <comzeradd at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> This would be a serious UX problem for most people if we stick to this decision.
> So you want a UI that's more technical than gnome-software, and less
> technical than dnf? I tried that with gnome-packagekit, and it wasn't
> powerful enough for power users and wasn't easy to use for mere
> mortals. Install gnome-packagekit (either from the software center, or
> dnf :) and have a play.
>
> Richard
Yeah, the problem here is where to draw the line. A developer may also
want to install libraries for the language they are developing in (e.g.
perl), but showing all the perl modules in software is really hard to do
while still making it usable. A search for "Web" alone would show
results for 7 perl modules that most users probably don't want.

cheers,
ryanlerch