High contrast icons blocking Fedora releases - do we really want to?

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Nov 24 21:37:00 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Adam Williamson
<adamwill at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> "App launchers MUST have a unique[3] 128×128 launcher icon with an alpha
> channel and SHOULD include a matching High Contrast icon."

I'd like to think a matching high contrast icon can be done inside an
hour, and if not, then not knowing anything else yes I'd block on it.

The requirement is not new, and it is reasonable. I'm not an
accessibility expert, and I don't know if Fedora is explicitly
targeting those with vision impairment and how well we do across the
board with respect to accessibility: i.e. if our accessibility grade
is a poor/below average, then it's probably not block worthy; if
Fedora otherwise scores well in accessibility then it's worth blocking
on.

SETroubleshoot is probably a required application so we can't give it
the boot. If we could, then I'd say "24 hours to hand over the high
contrast icon, or the application is off the Fedora 21 train".

For Fedora 22, there needs to be a more formalized application
qualifications being met before the first Beta TC. Something like, all
applications are out, until they've ticked off the entire list of
requirements; and only then do they appear as default applications.

--
Chris Murphy