High contrast icons blocking Fedora releases - do we really want to?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:37:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
>
>> "App launchers MUST have a unique[3] 128×128 launcher icon with an alpha
>> channel and a matching High Contrast icon."
>
> Fwiw, I personally disagree with the last part about requiring a matching HC
> icon (which can easily be fixed in an update).

I would argue that if it's not visible to a partially sighted person
during install how are they to actually get the release installed.
Unfortunately for someone that actually needs high contrast to make a
system usable it's not really something they can do without to begin
with and update later, it's not like some other features that can be
fixed easily with an update (like say a web cam or a peripheral
driver) because it likely affects the persons ability to actually use
anything from the outset.

Peter