Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

Ray Strode rstrode at redhat.com
Thu Oct 2 14:50:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

> Perhaps having the logo at the bottom of the plymouth screen (in the
> same location as in
> GDM) might work.
It's a little tricky to guarantee the logo will end up in exactly the same place as on the plymouth
screen. Especially if the user has multiple monitors or a custom Xorg.conf.  if we're just coming
from noise texture or a solid color, mistakes are a lot less noticeable.

Still, I guess if we can get gnome-shell and plymouth to use the same emblem placement logic, we
can make it look good in most cases and not catastrophic in other cases.

--Ray