Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 2 16:21:53 UTC 2014

On 10/02/2014 10:38 AM, Ray Strode wrote:
>In the bigger picture, we need to differentiate
> ourselves from the real competition (OS X and Windows), and we can
> achieve that by providing a superior user experience and a better
> developer story.

To this point, Apple has a monochrome apple in the upper right corner of
the OS X desktop.... unless it's been taken away very recently?

Windows 8 appears to have one in the lower left corner, but I don't know
enough about it to know how much this screenshot differs from the
default config:
http://fishingforedtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Screenshot-12.png

That being said, the new Windows logo is essentially a representation of
the tiles UI, so the tiles UI itself is a form of a logo sort of. It's
definitely more integrated a brand than OS X.

I agree with what you're saying here, but I don't think that translates
to "so we must have no logos ever, at all on the desktop"

~m