Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 2 17:39:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 02, 2014 at 01:22:06PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Even better would be an intermediate help panel which would
> explicitly outline your venues for help. And this could be
> overridden by repackagers, again think corporate desktop. So for
> Fedora you might get pointed to ask.fedoraproject.org but for a
> corporate respin you might get pointed to another URL.

Heh -- this is exactly what I was thinking when I read your message.
Possibly with ask.fpo as a gnome web app (and maybe in the future, with FAS
id linked with GNOME Online Accounts....).

I would even go so far as to suggest that a "Fedora Help" icon of some sort
is worth putting into the incredibly valuable space as a top-level icon on
the top bar, because getting help is something that should be as little
effort as possible.

(I suppose this could be done as a Fedora Help shell extension?)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>