Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 3 16:25:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-10-03 at 11:52 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
>
>> I'd also really like the presentation-at-a-conference case to be
>> covered; that _isn't_ covered by anything you have to go out of your way to
>> do.
>
> Depending on what you mean by this case (has this been spelled out
> earlier in this thread ?), I'm not sure I want to 'cover' this, tbh.
> When I am using my laptop at a conference, I want it to help me give a
> polished and professional presentation. That includes:
>
> - Detect the projector, and show a unobtrusive image until I'm ready to
> start my presentation

So... perhaps a middle ground here.  Assuming you setup your laptop
prior to plugging it into the machine, you could have the lock screen
contain a logo.  When you plug into the projector, it displays this
and people see a nice subtle logo.  Then you unlock and you're ready
to present.

Having the lock screen contain the logo might be a nice unobtrusive
way to get in some branding in any case.  It would also cover computer
lab situations, etc.

josh