Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 00:57:21 UTC 2014

HI

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Matthew Miller  wrote:

> I would really like to keep start.fpo -- it drives a lot of traffic to the
> magazine, which proves that people are really using it. And I think it's
> right that most people will turn to a web browser for help these days.

Sure but the main idea here is add a web app to favorites list that points
them to a place where they can get some help.  If that is start.fp.o
instead of ask.fp.o thats fine as long as the start page provides them with
the things they might need when they are looking for help.  Combine that
with a search provider in GNOME Shell and it would be really nice. The
problem with doing it as a extension is that extensions keep breaking
between major GNOME releases.

Rahul