Gnome 3 in fedora 20 has no "add to favorites" option in context menu

Florian Müllner fmuellner at gnome.org
Wed Oct 15 13:21:39 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Marcin Tustin <marcin.tustin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or does anyone know how this apparently standard option has been disabled?

It hasn't - as of 3.14, it is still expected to be there. The only
exceptions are windows for which we don't find an associated .desktop
file (either because there is none, or it is not in a standard
location, or it fails our heuristics to match WM_CLASS to application
name) - in that case we cannot know how to launch the window again, so
all we could do for a favorite is remembering the icon/name used, but
it would be completely useless otherwise. If it does happen for all
applications (in particular those that show up in the overview's app
picker), you either found a rare bug(*), or you are using an extension
that somehow breaks the context menu.

(*) rare because GNOME 3.10 was released a year ago, and this is the
first report I am aware of