Changing default applications

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 14:35:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

Just wondering if there is still a simple way to change default
applications in Fedora in the interface. In the past (a long time ago IIRC),
it was possible to do this via the nautilus "open with..." dialog, but
it seems that this isn't possible anymore.

I do know it is possible to change the major default applications (Web
Browser, Mail Client, Image Viewer, etc) in the details screen in the
control center, but i am after the ability to, say, set Inkscape as my
default SVG application rather than EOG. I also know that it is possible
to change the mimetype manually in
/home/rlerch/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list , but just
wondering if there is still a way for users to change this without
having to edit config files.

If this doesnt exist anymore, would this be suitable functionality to
propose for the Tweak Tool?

cheers,
ryanlerch