Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Oct 20 13:00:47 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-10-18 at 11:35 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> Our need to exert our brand certainly isn't decreasing whether or not
> there are places to demonstrate our identity in GNOME. In fact, yes, it
> is increasing, but it's intentional, not some sort of "slippery slope".
> The Fedora Workstation effort as part of Fedora.next is a specific
> choice we've made as a project to work on and showcase stronger
> branding.

Let me be blunt: before we 'exert our brand' any more, maybe it is
worthwhile to investigate briefly what connotations the wider public
actually has with the Fedora brand.

I can make some guesses:

- Bleeding edge
- Broken updates
- Selinux breakage
- Slipped release dates

Maybe we should spend less time debating where to put the logo, and more
time on how to turn those perceptions around ?