Workstation branding on login screen (GDM)

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 20 13:18:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 09:00:47AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Let me be blunt: before we 'exert our brand' any more, maybe it is
> worthwhile to investigate briefly what connotations the wider public
> actually has with the Fedora brand.
>
> I can make some guesses:
>
> - Bleeding edge
> - Broken updates
> - Selinux breakage
> - Slipped release dates

Except for "bleeding updates", these guesses are generally wrong, based
on my interactions with the public and press.

There is certainly room to improve; we have a whole new marketing
effort around doing that. But, yes, let's spend less time debating
where to put the logo. Let's put it somewhere sensible and clearly
visible and move on.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>