Workstation feedback on generic-release-workstation request?

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 14:44:14 UTC 2014

On 10/20/2014 04:08 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
>> 3) From a user's perspective, if they see configuration for a service or
>> application in their package list, they may assume that package is
>> installed and running, leading to confusion.
>
> That is more worrying, yes.

If showing a separate package in the installed package list is a
problem, then the configuration files could be shipped directly in the
fedora-release-* packages too. Which also incidentally makes the whole
thing much easier to handle because that way we'd have less conflicting
packages in the repository.

I'm sure there are downsides to this though, like configuration possibly
getting out of sync with the actual programs if nobody takes care of
updating the fedora-release-* packages.

--
Kalev