freedesktop specs

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 20:06:01 UTC 2014

Hi

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Josh Boyer  wrote:

> The rest seem like quick enough work,
> but we might wish to grant exceptions for those 3 if we do adopt such
> a policy.

If exceptions are being granted (certainly needed for Fedora 21), I would
suggest time limiting them by a couple of releases or so.  Java in
particular shouldn't be too much of a problem.

> What do other WG members think?

While I focused on xdg base dir spec, I would like WG members to look at
which freedesktop.org specs are at a mature stage and require them along
with xdg base dir. freedesktop.org itself doesn't make that very clear.

Rahul