Proposal: install dnf-plugins-core by default

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 17:21:24 UTC 2014

Matthias Clasen píše v St 29. 10. 2014 v 12:51 -0400:
> On Wed, 2014-10-29 at 16:42 +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I tested the latest compose of F21 Workstation and found out that
> > dnf-plugins-core was not included in the default installation.
> >
> > IMHO it's something we should fix. The package includes plugins that
> > allow users to easily work with Copr repositories and the planned
> > Playground repository. It should be part of the default user experience
> > because it's one of the nice details and integration with our services.
> > Copr has proven to be useful for both us (to give early adopters
> > software they can test, e.g. GNOME 3.12 in F20) and users (to easily get
> > new software which is not included in the official repositories yet) and
> > we should make working with it as easy as possible.
>
> Including the plugins sounds ok to me. But maybe devassistant should
> offer to set these things up too ? 'Push my project to a Fedora Copr'
> sounds like a nice thing it could offer.

This may not be so much work afaik because DevAssistant can already
generate RPMs from certain projects.
On the other hand, I heard that the priority for DevAssistant guys is
now integration with Docker which may, in the end, be the preferred
means of distribution of projects in DevAssistant.
I'm CC'ing Slavek Kabrda of the DevAssistant team to let him share his
thoughts on this with us.

Jiri