[RFC] non-KVM graphics/IO drivers in our default install media

Alberto Ruiz aruiz at redhat.com
Wed Sep 3 11:30:40 UTC 2014

Hello everyone

I wanted to get some feedback as to whether it would be
acceptable/desirable to add whatever available graphics and IO drivers
available for the most common hypervisors out there other than
KVM/Spice.

My idea is that it should be possible to run Fedora Workstation in any
desktop virtualization solution out of the box as long as the drivers
are acceptable for us in terms of licensing. So VirtualBox is the
easiest shot, and a pretty popular one on Windows and Mac users as it's
(mostly) FOSS and free of charge, but it'd be nice if we could add
others like Parallels or VMWare (I am investigating the
availability/licensing situation of those as we speak).

I would appreciate any feedback or concerns about this proposal.

--
Greetings,
Alberto Ruiz