Summary of Reddit thread

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Thu Apr 2 18:46:13 UTC 2015

More reasons:

1. Management directs you to use a Mac.
2. You can walk into a store and buy a Mac. You can't walk into a
store and buy a Fedora or Ubuntu or openSUSE laptop with every ounce
of unneeded weight stripped out and battery life approaching a full
workday.
3. If you want to develop for iOS you have to have a Mac.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 8:56 AM, Bill Nottingham <notting at splat.cc> wrote:
> Matthew Miller (mattdm at fedoraproject.org) said:
>> On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 11:21:02AM -0400, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>> > I'll add:
>> > "I can play videos and music out of the box"
>> > to that list.
>>
>> Actually, I found it interesting that this _wasn't_ a big deal on that
>> thread.
>
> ... I wonder how much of that is due to much of that use case being browser-embedded
> (and therefore not an OS-specific thing) these days.
>
> Bill
> --

OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.