Summary of Reddit thread

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 02:57:12 UTC 2015

Hi

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Christian Schaller wrote:

> I think a lot of these items are things we are already aware of and trying
> to fix, but of course not all of them are easily fixable, like access to
> proprietary Windows or MacOS X applications or similar hotkeys/behaviour
> across UI toolkits. I think we made some great strides in the stability
> department, but reading the reddit thread did reinforce that it is an area
> we need to keep focus going forward

Another thing that might be relevant but I haven't seen mentioned much is
transfer of existing data and settings. For example something I have faced
recently, is if you are an adium user in Mac OS X,  you can't get your chat
logs into Pidgin for example although some scripts can do the conversion
other way around.   If we make the migration easier, some more people might
be willing to try it out.    This has been attempted by distributions many
times before but never at a cross distribution level, especially
post-installation.

Rahul