Graphical Distribution Upgrades

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:09:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 11:45 PM, kendell clark <coffeekingms at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi
> I'll second this. System upgrades sound simple on the surface, but
> they're among the hardest to troubleshoot if something goes wrong [..]

Technically there is no difference between a system upgrade and a
simple update that we push every week other than the number of
involved packages.
The only issues arise from big migrations like usrmove or when
packages gets replaced by others (i.e. obsolete / provides have to be
correct). The latter can also happen for regular updates.

Might be disappointing to some but upgrades aren't that "special" as
most people think.