Starting the Talking Points for F22

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:50:21 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 06, 2015 at 10:15:35AM -0400, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Have put up the page for talking points for this release:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_22_talking_points
>
> What we want to get to is a coherent story for Fedora 22 so marketing
> can weave that into the beta and final announcements, plus Ambassadors
> can use the talking points when they're at events (etc.), and for
> anybody who's talking to press about the F22 release.
>
> Cross-posting to working group lists to get feedback on the Cloud,
> Server, and Workstation editions.

I got a start on these:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_22_talking_points#Fedora_Workstation

However, I think we could use more information that sums up some of
the under-the-hood work but focuses on the benefit to the *user*.

This gets back to a point I was making in IRC the other day, that we
need a better high-level story for F23 under which work is aligned.
New incremental improvements are great and highly commendable.  A new
GNOME release always has lots of great stuff in it.

But what's our goal for the larger developer story?  How do we give a
developer a one-stop solution where they can fork a project, create
code, build, test(?), package (if desired), publish to community,
maybe deploy?  That problem won't be solved by e.g. repos or a better
upgrade capability.