F22 Workstation talking points (was Re: Call for agenda for Workstation WG meeting 2015-Apr-13)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 14:00:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 12:41:09PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-04-13 at 11:54 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > It would really be helpful for me (and I think Fedora Marketing in
> > general) to have Workstation 22 talking points coming together before
> > the end of April. Any chance of an off-week meeting focusing on that?
>
> Fine by me. Paul is in charge of the calendar, I think. :)

I started the talking points, but 100% agree we need to flesh them
out.  Pete just hit me up on IRC about the very same topic. ;-)

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_22_talking_points#Fedora_Workstation

I tried to conglomerate a few of the major changes into related,
general topics.  For instance, the revamp of ABRT notices, the
long-running Terminal task notifications, and the redesign of the
notifications themselves were related so I explained them together.

The talking points target "normal people," so I've taken care to
describe the changes in terms that are understandable to a lay
audience.  Talking points are not the place to describe under-the-hood
library or framework changes, unless there's a user-visible result.
In that case, the result is the talking point, not the technical
change itself.

It would be great if we can summarize some changes *other* than
upstream GNOME into these points, although the F22 cycle was a bit
abbreviated, so I'm not sure there were that many non-GNOME changes
that will be visible to users.

If anyone has further ideas for talking points, please add them to the
wiki!