Preview of Fedora 22 reviews

Christian Schaller cschalle at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 19:00:06 UTC 2015

So I noticed this article today on Linux.com, the author was writting it after using Fedora Workstation 22 Alpha, hopefully it is a preview of what is to come.

A big thank you to everyone in the Fedora and Desktop teams for their efforts here!

http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/824091-gnome-316-the-sleekest-linux-desktop-to-date

Select quotes:

"I’ve been an advocate of change on the Linux desktop for some time—at least until Ubuntu Unity came around. Once I started using Canonical’s entry into the desktop space, the race (for me) was over. Unity was my choice. I was fairly certain it would take a massive improvement on the desktop to get me to move away from my default.

That improvement might have come along—with the number 3.16. I’m talking about GNOME. The latest iteration of what was once the ruling king of the Linux desktop has made a strong case for wooing me away from Unity."

"I can say with confidence that GNOME 3.16 is the single most polished iteration of the GNOME desktop to date. In fact, I would go so far as to say this might well be the sleekest Linux desktop to ever be produced. Every single element of the desktop has been well thought out and realized, the interface is smooth and easy to use, and nothing seems extraneous or unwarranted."