Evolution local mail retrieving failure

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Mon Apr 20 11:18:26 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 11:10 +0100, Nethaji wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Fedora 22 Alpha release, kernel 4.0.0-
> 0.rc5.git4.1.fc22.i686+PAE
>
> Evolution version 3.16.0.
>
> When I click on any saved mails (including drafts), evolution brings
> up a warning message in the message window (please see attached).
> Any
> help would be much appreciated.

        Hi,
all the On This Computer/... messages are stored at
   ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local
I would guess that the summary of the stored messages (the folders.db
file there) got out of sync with the folder content, despite it's
supposed to recheck the folder content on each start.

I would try to backup the ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local folder,
then move away the folders.db file from it and let Evolution recreate
it from scratch. Be aware that you may lose some things, like message
labels, by this operation.

On the other hand, if I read the path in the error message properly,
then you've stored your home on some shared network place. Could you
verify that the error message is correct (no such file in that folder)
or that you can read/write to that file when opened from the network
drive?
        Bye,
        Milan