Instant Messaging in Fedora Workstation

Allan Day allanpday at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 09:13:15 UTC 2015

Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro at gnome.org> wrote:
> This isn't true: neither control-center nor gnome-shell depends on
> Empathy in Fedora 22 (in fact, not a single package on my computer
> does).

According to jhbuild, both the shell and online accounts depend on
telepathy-glib. And even if these aren't strict dependencies, there is
integration...

> I don't think control-center has anything at all to do with
> chat, does it?

Empathy is integrated into online accounts. (This is covered by the
user docs, so that's something else that would be affected by changes
here.)

Allan