Repeat post

Andrew Walton andrewfixcomputer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 23:07:17 UTC 2015

On 09/08/15 06:10, Kalev Lember wrote:

>   requires
> downloading new repo metadata, which can be big on its own.

Roughly 26 Mb if rpmfusion is included.

> Furthermore, there's a new NetworkManager API in the works that allows
> apps to determine if connections are 'metered' to avoid downloading
> updates. This API actually landed in NetworkManager a few weeks ago,
> and there's a plan to make use of it in gnome-software. Look out for
> improvements in this area :) Hope this clears things up, Kalev

This is very good news, thank you. In the mean time my locals seem to be
happy with nothing but Yumex checking for updates. This means a lot of
them don't do updates very often but at least if they decide to they can
start it running before they go to bed at night.

Cheers,

Andrew