Let's reconsider some more applications installed by default

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 06:47:18 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:39 PM, Michael Catanzaro
<mcatanzaro at gnome.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-08-28 at 22:38 +0300, Elad Alfassa wrote:
>> I don't see how "adding an app menu" would make Evolution any better.
>> Following the HIG doesn't mean "implementing every pattern that
>> exists in the HIG".
>
> Of course apps shouldn't need to implement every single pattern, but
> they should implement at least the basics. An application menu is the
> bare minimums for your app to feel well-integrated in Fedora
> Workstation. The desktop environment provides the menu, and a little
> arrow indicating that there are menu items, and the only menu item is
> Quit? We should not consider that to be acceptable for default apps,
> anymore.

Tbh I don't think that app menu is that important ... an app without
an app menu does not really feel "less integrated" to me.
The app menu is not something I expect user to use that often anyway.
That aside it does not work well with multiple monitors. There are
other integration points that are way more important than the app
menu.