Call for Fedora 22 Test Days

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Wed Feb 4 04:58:07 UTC 2015

I'm at a point in my project cycle where it would be relatively
painless for me to switch my laptop from Fedora 21 Workstation to
Rawhide. That would mean all the abrt and selinux traps I take will
feed into the QA machine, and any bugs I find in the desktop, Docker
and libvirt will get filed. At least that's the case until the F22
branch, right? When is the branch scheduled?

I'd rather not make a separate virtual machine for testing at the
moment; I've got too many Docker things to do to add an F22 machine.
But I can switch my laptop to Rawhide (or F22) without losing much
productivity.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Mike Ruckman <roshi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Another testing cycle is finally upon us, and it's about time we got
> some Test Days scheduled for the F22 cycle. The Anaconda team has
> already requested a test day [0] and there are several other changes
> coming to F22 that could use some testing love - a full list can be
> found here:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/22/ChangeSet
>
> F22 also has several self-contained changes that could use some testing.
> So my thought was, if there were things people would like to get tested,
> but didn't think it warranted an entire day - then we could group these
> together and run a test day to poke at several different things at the
> same time. Thoughts on this?
>
> For those of you not familiar with test days, a test day is an
> online event aimed at testing a specific feature of an upcoming Fedora
> Release. By utilizing IRC for organization/coordination and a Wiki
> page for instructions and results, test days are easy to organize.
> Anyone can request to host a test day or request that the QA team help
> you out with the organization of the test day. A test day can be ran
> for any feature or area of a distribution that focused testing would be
> useful for. More information on test days can be found here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days .
>
> To propose a test day, file a ticket on the QA Trac. A full
> explanation can be found here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days/Create . The SOP for
> hosting a test day is here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Test_Day_management .
>
> Traditionally test days have been held on Thursdays, but if you'd prefer
> to have it on another day that's fine too. We're pretty flexible, but
> having plenty of lead time helps to get the word out. Just put in your
> ticket the date or time-frame you'd like, and we'll figure it out from
> there.
>
> If you have any questions about test days or the process, please don't
> hesitate to contact me or any other QA Team member in #fedora-qa on
> Freenode or respond on the test list.
>
> Thanks and happy testing!
>
> [0] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/457
>
> --
> // Mike
> --
> Fedora QA
> freenode: roshi
> http://roshi.fedorapeople.org

OSJourno: Robust Power Tools for Digital Journalists
http://www.znmeb.mobi/stories/osjourno-robust-power-tools-for-digital-journalists

Remember, if you're traveling to Bactria, Hump Day is Tuesday and Thursday.