About making life easier for audio producers.

Diogo Campos (gmail) diogocamposwd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 16:39:38 UTC 2015

> 3- Make sure that when JACK start, PulseAudio do not stop working.

I can confirm that with this 3 packages (below) installed, this *can*
work.

- "jack-audio-connection-kit"
- "jack-audio-connection-kit-dbus"
- "pulseaudio-module-jack"

But there is 2 problems:

1- The JACK server must be started with "jack_control", instead of
"jackd"; but "jack_control" is misconfigured by default. It needed, at
least, change the "driver" parameter to "alsa", first.

2- Seems that when JACK server isn't running, the application tries to
run it with "jackd". Although this can be prevented by running JACK
server (with "jack_control") all the time. If not optimal, maybe some
parameter in "jack_control" can fix it.

So, does anyone know how to fix any of these problems? Also, if fixed,
does anyone agree that this may be an interesting little feature for
Fedora Workstation? if yes, I could also try to check why JACK is not
getting permission to use Realtime Scheduling.

(sorry for bad English)