Call for agenda for Workstation WG meeting 2015-Feb-18

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 14:46:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-17 at 11:14 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Next meeting is Wednesday, 2015-Feb-18 at 1600 UTC/11:00am US-EST.
>
> Please feel free to suggest additional issues for the agenda if
> needed, and I'll add them.
>
> * Alpha freeze approaches! 2015-Feb-24
>   - By this point features should be in a testable state.
>   - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GNOME3.16
>   - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LibinputForXorg
>   - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Login_Screen_Over_Wayland
>   -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GnomeShell_NewNotifications
>   - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Nautilus_Improvements
>
> * Test Days -- do we want test days for any of these features, or
>   other release criteria?
>   - Current schedule (nothing for desktop yet?):
>     https://apps.fedoraproject.org/calendar/list/QA/?subject=Test+Day
>
> * Privacy policy
>   - Are we blocked at all on Spot talking with ABRT folks about data
>     they are storing?
>   - mattdm's request for uuid + Fedora version + Fedora edition/spin,
>     is there an appropriate place for this in our purview?

A topic I would like to start discussing is Workstation vs Atomic. It
may be too early to put on the agenda yet. I haven't talked to Colin
about it and don't have a very concrete proposal, but I think we
should have it on our long-term roadmap that we'll end up with a 3
layer architecture of host (ideally an atomically updated image),
runtime and applications (see alex' work on concrete thoughts about
the runtime+app layers).