Cannot login to Fedora rawhide (now 22)

Peter Laursen jazcyk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 12:23:49 UTC 2015

I was merely asking if this was intentional or an oversight. Or if I
possibly completely misunderstood what could be the reason for the problem.

As soon as the signing problem with new packages has been solved (so that
Yum will let me install), I will try again and file a bug if it is still
reproducible. Currently I am on a snapshot 6 days old and cannot afford the
time experimenting figuring out which new packages are signed and which are
not.

-- Peter

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Peter Laursen <jazcyk at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> I think you are shooting yourself in the foot by not allowing people to
>> try F22 in VirtualBox etc.
>>

> Mind your language, and always assume good intentions. Nobody explicitly
> decided to "not allow VirtualBox" and we are not "shooting ourselves in the
> foot".
> gdm should fallback to X11 when it can't use Wayland. If this fallback
> does not work, it is merely a bug that should be fixed. Why don't you start
> by filing it in GNOME's bugzilla?
>

>> (besides new packets have arrived since yesterday that are not signed, it
>> seems)
>>

>  I assume you mean packages. This is known and happens every time we
> branch, packages will be signed again in the time for alpha.
>
> --
> -Elad Alfassa.
>
> --

Hilsen / Regards