testing qt theme

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 20:28:28 UTC 2015

On 02/24/2015 02:42 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Hi, just a reminder: we do have the adwaita-qt theme included in the
> workstation for f22, and qt4 apps will pick it up automatically. Now
> (or when the alpha appears) would be a great time to try out your
> favourite qt apps and provide feedback on places where the theme needs
> more work.
>
> Matthias
So the main things to look for here when testing QT4 apps in Fedora
Workstation is how much the look is like the GNOME theme (adwaita)?

Just a few other quick questions:
* Is there a good example of an QT4 application where this theme is
working as expected? I understand these apps won't have some of the
gtk-specific things like headerbars etc, but having a good baseline app
of what the look should be aiming for might be good.

* is there an easy way to see what toolkit an application is using, just
to be sure we aren't looking at applications that are using older
versions of QT or some other toolkit? If not, maybe a list of all the
applications available in Fedora that use QT4 might be useful.

cheers,
ryanlerch