Linux desktop and high resolution laptops

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Jan 9 22:30:04 UTC 2015

On 9/01/2015 19:11 , Peter Laursen wrote:
> What is not true? I have seen 2 recent Win8 laptops without edge scrool
> support. Are you telling that this is because Win8 ignores it?

touchpads only give you the position of a number of fingers.
anything past that is implemented in software. tapping, twofinger
scrolling, edge scrolling - they're all pure software features. if Win8
doesn't do it out of the box, then that's because they chose not to but
it has nothing to do with the hardware.

Cheers,
   Peter