Adding xorg-x11-drv-libinput to the Desktop's set of default packages

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Jan 12 15:24:03 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com> wrote:
> Can't we just make whatever the package that contains the KDE control
> panel to carry a /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ snippet that enables the
> synaptics driver?
> That way you get libinput by default and synaptics if you install KDE
> ... as GNOME handles both it won't break GNOME.
>
> In F23 once KDE is ported we can stop shipping that file.

As far as I understand, KDE upstream is now porting configuration
module to KDE Frameworks 5 - so it means they already have quite a lot
of work ahead but on the other hand, it wouldn't be a bad idea to start
new port with libinput, as it seems to be preferred way in the future.
So maybe worth talking to them and in a best case, we could get both
in F22 timeframe...

Jaroslav