Adding xorg-x11-drv-libinput to the Desktop's set of default packages

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Jan 13 18:15:34 UTC 2015

Christian Schaller wrote:

>> It may be better to just tell people to do "rpm -e xorg-x11-drv-libinput"
>> if they started with the Workstation product and want to use
>> kcm_touchpad, AFAIK kcm_touchpad will register itself with the KDE
>> control-panel if the synaptics driver is loaded, so if we end up using
>> libinput kcm_touchpad will simple not show, rather then break.
>>
>> So opinions on this anyone ?
>
> I prefer this one, as per the policy mentioned above this way at least
> people make an active choice to 'mess up' their system as opposed to
> packages being installed doing it 'silently'.

That option still kinda sucks.  kcm_touchpad would essentially be broken,
until some other package is removed (if I'm understanding this right).

I suppose adding a
Conflicts: xorg-x11-drv-libinput
to kcm-touchpad isn't a viable option either.

On the other hand, if this cannot be toggled at install/runtime somehow, the
original suggestion may be the least bad option.

-- rex