RFC: F21 Workstation flyer

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 14 19:05:12 UTC 2015

Hi Ankur,

On 01/14/2015 01:53 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
>I'm not a font person - I received some feedback on the marketing ticket
> about fonts and did a little research - Cantarell is a good font for
> screens, but the web said Helvetica and friends were better fonts for
> print.
>
> This is really easy to change, though. I could ask the font sig what
> they think.

We've recommended Cantarell as the copy font (and Comfortaa for
headlines) for a while in the brand guidelines [1] but we are likely
going to change that with the new website / Fedora.next branding stuff.

We're using Open Sans [2] on the new Fedora website - it's definitely
designed with print legibility in mind so you might like using it
instead. I think we're probably going to drop Comfortaa for headlines at
some point so using Open Sans for headlines as well is probably okay.

~m

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuideline

[2] http://www.opensans.com/