Wallpaper Cleanup

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 19:41:06 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 02:11 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> V Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:39:32 -0500
> Ryan Lerch <rlerch at redhat.com> napsáno:
>> each wallpaper for a release is in a new package for each release.
>> This allows someone to install the older or newer wallpapers on their
>> system if they wish. prior to f21, these packages were named by the
>> codename, but with f21 not having a codename, the name of the package
>> itself has 21 in it, not the version (the package names all start
>> with f21-backgrounds)
>>
> Not true exactly. Supplemental wallpapers are all in a big single
> package (one per release). If you're gonna ship "top-15" it's
> definitely gonna be a problem.
>
> In order for the package not to break users' set-ups during upgrades
> we would need each of the top-15 wallpapers in a single package which
> would then the top-15 one require so that the package would stay and
> new ones would be pulled in. But then the wallpaper poll would keep
> growing with each update...

The idea here is that the top 15 won't change from release to release.
We may update the default 15 sometime in the future, but at this point
in time, the 15 will just be from the previous ones.

Another option would be to just remove the supplemental (if it is in the
top 15) from the supplemental package that it is in. The are the
defaults, so they will always be there, and if the user installs the
supplemental package they are from, then they just get the remaining
ones from that supplemental release.

The other option is that duplicates are shown if the user installs the
supplemental package that contains one that is now a default one of the 15.

cheers,
ryanlerch