Wallpaper Cleanup

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 13:58:24 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 03:21 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:16:33AM -0500, Ryan Lerch wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have been working on a feature proposal for a while now to propose
>> cleaning up the wallpapers that we present to the user by default in
>> Workstation. It has been on the agenda for the last few meetings, but we
>> have run out of time in those meetings :(
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/WallpapersCleanup
>>
>> Basically, the proposal is to clean out the wallpapers that we currently
>> present to the user, and just show:
>>
>> 1. The default fedora wallpaper for the release (the one created by the
>> Fedora Design Team)
>> 2. The default wallpaper for the upstream desktop release (e.g. the default
>> GNOME wallpaper for the release of GNOME being shipped)
>> 3. A new set of 15 alternative default wallpapers chosen from the past
>> Fedora supplemental wallpapers. The supplemental wallpapers are a set of
>> wallpapers (that change every release) that are included in the repos for
>> people to install and use. The idea here would be to choose 15 of the best
>> from all past supplemental wallpaper packages to be included by default.
> I noticed that no one else addressed the proposal head-on, only
> related matters. ;-)  To wit, questions:
>
> * Do the Fedora/GNOME wallpapers remain as is, and the new wallpapers
>    replace the current desktop-backgrounds SRPM content that usually
>    goes into desktop-backgrounds-basic?  (Currently that is 6-7 images
>    of stuff like the old ladybugs-on-a-leaf image.)  If so, I'm +1.
>
> * Do tiles stay?  (Does anyone *use* those anymore?  Eww.)

Yeah, that is what i was thinking. Removal aof all the wallpapers there,
apart from the Fedora one for the release, and the GNOME one for the
gnome release, and the "top 15"

All the older tiles and other images in there won't appear without
installing a package. (i.e. no ladybugs by default)

cheers,
ryanlerch