3rd Party Applications and Fedora Workstation

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 21 16:46:59 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 8:28 PM, Christian Schaller <cschalle at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> So I just posted a blog (1) updating the world on some of the changes are
> expecting in Fedora Workstation 22. One of the features I would love us
> to take advantage off is the 3rd party repository support that Richard
> Hughes has added into GNOME Software (2).

Looking at these screenshots again, I think it'd probably be a good idea to
add the vendor name under the name of the app,
so instead of
Google Chrome

It'd be something like

Google Chrome
Provided by Google Inc.

when the "provided by" text is not bold. Similar line should go in the app
detail page too, I think.

This gives proper visual distinction between 3rd party apps and Fedora
provided apps in the search, which would probably please many of the
involved parties.
--
-Elad Alfassa.