Wallpaper Cleanup

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 17:41:53 UTC 2015

On 01/21/2015 11:40 AM, Allan Day wrote:
> Hey Ryan,
>
> Thanks for getting this started - it's great to see.
>
> Ryan Lerch <rlerch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/WallpapersCleanup
>>
>> Basically, the proposal is to clean out the wallpapers that we currently
>> present to the user, and just show:
>
> Actually, I think that it would be advantageous to be a bit bolder.
> What I would love to see is wallpapers that:
>
>   * Have a consistent look and feel, both within the set, and across releases.
>   * Are of consistently high-quality.
>   * Promote the Fedora Workstation brand identity, with each image (or
> the set of images) communicating key ideas we want to be associated
> with.
>   * Are a coherent and consistent part of the Workstation user experience.

Can you provide an example of how this might look in an actual set of
wallpapers? would the defaults be a single set or multiple sets.

The Fedora Design team has created wallpapers for each release, and I
don't think that should change. This wallpaper is key when it comes to
marketing, as most reviewers use the background when reviewing, so
having a new wallpaper for each release is a good thing here, and helps
define the workstation flavor.

cheers,
ryanlerch