3rd Party Applications and Fedora Workstation

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Wed Jan 21 18:51:34 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org>
wrote:
> Looking at these screenshots again, I think it'd probably be a good
> idea to add the vendor name under the name of the app,
> so instead of
> Google Chrome
>
> It'd be something like
>
> Google Chrome
> Provided by Google Inc.
>
> when the "provided by" text is not bold. Similar line should go in
> the app detail page too, I think.
>
> This gives proper visual distinction between 3rd party apps and
> Fedora provided apps in the search, which would probably please many
> of the involved parties.

That would be good.

Also, the farfetched warning about potential prosecution really needs
to go. We carry no shortage of software that could get you prosecuted
(hi wireshark) but don't warn about those. It would be better if we had
a link to the app's ToS in its appdata file, and force the user to
scroll through the ToS before installing.