Webapps for developers

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 15:27:07 UTC 2015

On 01/21/2015 04:44 PM, Zoltan Hoppar wrote:
> I think also that is a great idea, but like gnome extensions, wouldn't
> be possible to put in some as anaconda spoke? I mean, to have an such

The issue with doing such tasks in anaconda is that people will also
want to do things like install packages, extensions etc after
installation. That means that the functionality has to be duplicated and
maintained in two different places. Add to the fact that anaconda is not
a full desktop, it makes it harder to provide a great experience for the
user in anaconda to do such tasks.

At the moment, the installer is pretty much reserved for tasks that
*need* to get done to install the system and get into the Workstation
environment, where there is a much better place to make a cleaner
experience for users to complete such tasks.

cheers,
ryanlerch

> spoke where you can add/select your earlier used hosts, services,
> logins to such sites? Also maybe you have copr repos too that you
> prefer to add and schedule with the installer to be done as you
> receive your desktop?
>
> Thx,
>
> Zoltan

>> On 01/21/2015 03:30 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>>
>>> we currently are shipping information for a relatively small set of
>>> webapps so that they show up in gnome-software. Since we are aiming to
>>> make the Workstation developer-focused, maybe we should add some
>>> must-have developer sites to that list ? I'm really just asking for
>>> suggestions here, I'm probably too old-fashioned in my development
>>> habits to know the places that really should be on this list...
>>>
>>> devdocs.io ?
>>> stackexchange.com ?