Webapps for developers

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Fri Jan 23 19:18:14 UTC 2015

On 01/21/2015 03:30 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> we currently are shipping information for a relatively small set of
> webapps so that they show up in gnome-software. Since we are aiming to
> make the Workstation developer-focused, maybe we should add some
> must-have developer sites to that list ? I'm really just asking for
> suggestions here, I'm probably too old-fashioned in my development
> habits to know the places that really should be on this list...
>
> devdocs.io ?
> stackexchange.com ?
> github.com ?

One thing about these in Software, sometimes it is not super clear that
it is acutally a Web App. Not sure how to best show this in the Software
interface, but it could be done through categories, or editing the
descriptions to make this clear.

I also saw this ticket in the Fedora Design team queue[1] that refers to
some work having been done on getting some of the Fedora Project apps in
here as web apps too (e.g. Bodhi, Koji Copr etc). The ticket itself is
just asking the Design team for logos for these, and i am unsure of the
status of the actual work of getting these in as web apps.

cheers,
ryanlerch